Brush up your direct and indirect speech exercises practice with this given narration beginners level exercise for 5th grade. In addition to that, if ever you want more, have a look at our main article for reported speech exercise practice for study and download in Pdf.
1. He said, “The village morning is very calm and cool”
- He said that the village morning is very calm and cool.
- He said that the village morning had been very calm and cool.
2. She said to me, “What is the estimated cost of this ticket”
- She inquired of me what was the estimated cost of that ticket.
- She asked me what had been the estimated cost of that ticket.
3. I said to her, “I would like to see you tomorrow”
- I told her that I would like to see her the next day.
- I told her I had liked to see her the next day.
4. She said to the manager, “I am resigning from the job”
- She told the manager that she was resigning from the job.
- She said to the manager that I had been resigning from that job.
5. They said to teacher, “We will attend tuition tomorrow”
- They told the teacher that they would attend tuition the next day.
- They told the teacher that we would attend the tuition the next day.
6. I said to father, “I will get good number this time”
- I told father that I would get good numbers that time.
- I told father that I would be getting good numbers that time.
7. The principal said, “It is good idea to arrange a function”
- The principal said that it was a good idea to arrange a function.
- The principal said that it had been a good idea to arrange a function.
8. Shayam said, “I like chocolates”
- Shayam said that he liked chocolates.
- Shayam said that I liked chocolates.
9. They said to farmer, “How the wheat grows?”
- They asked the farmer how the wheat grew?
- They asked the farmer how the wheat has grown
10. I said to chairman, “I will complain against you”
- I told the chairman that I would complain against him.
- I told the chairman that I will be complaining against him.
Direct and Indirect Speech Exercises For All Classes
The more you practice the more you will gain. Practice all reported speech exercises for your upcoming exam to get good grades.