Improve your direct and indirect speech knowledge with this narration exercise for grade 6. This is beginner elementary level exercise that will help you easy understanding of reported speech rules and mechanism.
1. I said to teacher, “The exams were tough”
- I told the teacher that the exam had been tough.
- I told the teacher that the exam were tough
2. They said to me, “We will not surrender”
- They told me that they would not surrender.
- They told me that we would not surrender.
3. I said to the class, “It is grand function tomorrow”
- I announced to the class that it was a grand function the next day.
- I announced to the class that it would be grand function the next day.
4. The crowd said, “Hurrah! our leader is PM now”
- The crowd cheered with great joy that their leader was a PM then.
- The crowd said that their leader was a PM then.
5. She said to me, “Solar energy is good thing”
- She told me that solar energy is a good thing.
- She told me that solar energy was a good thing.
6. The farmer said, “The sugarcane tastes sweet”
- The farmer said that the sugarcane tastes sweet.
- The farmer said that the sugarcane tasted sweet.
7. Mother said, “I love all of my children”
- Mother said that she loved all of her children.
- Mother said that I had loved all of my children.
8. The shopkeeper said, “I don’t have this item”
- The shopkeeper said that she didn’t have that item.
- The shopkeeper said that she doesn’t have that item.
9. The visitor said, “I have never seen a good scenery like this”
- The visitor said that he had never seen a good scenery like that.
- The visitor said that did not have visited a good scenery like that.
10. We said, “It is our annual function day”
- We said that it was our annual function day.
- We said that it had been our annual function day.
Reported Speech Exercise Advanced
Find here a complete list of all reported speech exercises. This one is a must do exercises to make you more advanced in narration skills.