Improve your direct and indirect speech knowledge with this narration exercise for grade 6. This is a beginner elementary level exercise that will help your easy understanding of reported speech rules and mechanisms.
1. I said to teacher, “The exams were tough”
- I told the teacher that the exam had been tough.
- I told the teacher that the exam were tough
2. They said to me, “We will not surrender”
- They told me that they would not surrender.
- They told me that we would not surrender.
3. I said to the class, “It is grand function tomorrow”
- I announced to the class that it was a grand function the next day.
- I announced to the class that it would be grand function the next day.
4. The crowd said, “Hurrah! our leader is PM now”
- The crowd cheered with great joy that their leader was a PM then.
- The crowd said that their leader was a PM then.
5. She said to me, “Solar energy is good thing”
- She told me that solar energy is a good thing.
- She told me that solar energy was a good thing.
6. The farmer said, “The sugarcane tastes sweet”
- The farmer said that the sugarcane tastes sweet.
- The farmer said that the sugarcane tasted sweet.
7. Mother said, “I love all of my children”
- Mother said that she loved all of her children.
- Mother said that I had loved all of my children.
8. The shopkeeper said, “I don’t have this item”
- The shopkeeper said that she didn’t have that item.
- The shopkeeper said that she doesn’t have that item.
9. The visitor said, “I have never seen a good scenery like this”
- The visitor said that he had never seen a good scenery like that.
- The visitor said that did not have visited a good scenery like that.
10. We said, “It is our annual function day”
- We said that it was our annual function day.
- We said that it had been our annual function day.
Reported Speech Exercise Advanced
Find here a complete list of all reported speech exercises. This one is a must do exercises to make you more advanced in narration skills.