Study and assess yourself by solving following given direct and indirect speech exercise for grade 11. This intermediate level exercise is meant for college students.
1. I said to my neighbor, “Let’s sit together to find a good solution of this issue”
- I asked my neighbor that we should sit together to find a good solution of that issue.
- I told my neighbor that let’s sit together to find a good solution of that issue.
2. She said to teacher, “Why my son is deficient in studies”
- She asked the teacher why her son was deficient in studies
- She said to the teacher that why her son was deficient in studies.
3. They said to villagers, “Save money and work hard for a good future”
- They advised the villagers to save money and work hard for a good future.
- They said to villagers that they should save money and work hard for a good future.
4. I said to them, “Do not lose hope, a good time is coming”
- I suggested him not to lose hope as a good time was coming.
- I said to him that he should not lose hope as a good time was coming.
5. The students said, “We want to buy a new video game”
- The students said that they wanted to buy a new video game.
- They students said that we wanted to buy a new video game.
6. I said to my mother, “Is there any good marriage offer for me?”
- I asked my mother if there were any good marriage offer for me.
- I asked from my mother whether there was any good marriage offer for me.
7. My younger sister said, “I want to study in your school”
- My younger sister said that she wanted to study in my school.
- My younger sister said that she wants to study in my school.
8. I said to them, “My father is coming to talk with you today”
- I told them that my father was coming to talk with them that day.
- I told them that my father had been coming to talk with the that day.
9. The lion said, “I am the king of all forest”
- The lion said that he was the king of all forest.
- The lion said that I am the king of all the forest.
10. She said, “Would that! you were not known to me”
- She wished that I were not known to her.
- She wished me that I was not known to her.
List of All Reported Speech Exercises
Find here a complete repository of all narration exercises for all levels and all grades students. Excel in upcoming exam by practicing more and more.