Brush up your narration skills with following direct and indirect speech exercise for grade 10. The exercise is solved with the answers given at the end. If you want more narration exercise like this, come here and find a full repository of reported speech rules, examples, exercise for study and Pdf download.
1. I said to her, “Life is quite hard, work hard”
- I advised her that life quite hard so work hard.
- I said to her that life is quite hard so work hard.
2. He said to audience, “With honesty and dedication you can succeed”
- He told the audience that with honesty and dedication they could succeed.
- He said to audience that with honesty and dedication you could succeed.
3. I said to her, “I am glad to see you here”
- I told her that I was glad to see her there.
- I told her that I had been glad to see her there.
4. Monkey said to Jackal, “Lion is the king because of his strength”
- Monkey told Jackal that Lion is the king of because of his strength.
- Monkey told Jackal that lion has been the king because of his strength.
5. Maria said to me, “I have got a teaching job at a good school”
- Maria told me that she had got a teaching job at a good school.
- Maria told me that I had got a teaching job at a good school.
6. Father said, “I remember the days when I got first position in our college”
- Father said that he remembered the days when he had got first position in their college.
- Father said that he had remembered the days when he got first position in their college.
7. Mother said, “Your father is very stingy”
- Mother said that my father was very stingy.
- Mother said that my father is very stingy.
8. I said to my friend, “Let’s plan our holidays together”
- I suggested my friends that we should plan our holidays together.
- I told my friends that we should plan our holidays together.
9. We said to them, “Our parents have paid you heavily”
- We told them that our parents had paid them heavily.
- We told them that our parents had been paying them heavily.
10. They said, “The situation is not good for shopping”
- They said that the situation was not good for shopping.
- They said that the situation had not been good for shopping.
Advanced Direct and Indirect Speech Exercises for All Classes.
Reported speech is an important part of English grammar. Keeping this in mind, we have listed out all important practical narration exercises. These exercise, once mastered over, will help you effectively to gain good grades in your next main exam.
More Reported Speech Exercise